The Chatham Film Club is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization bringing art, independent and foreign film to the Upper Hudson Valley. Join us for special film screenings as well as post-screening discussions and related events. The Chatham also owns and operates the Crandell Theatre and hosts FilmColumbia, an annual 5-day film festival held in October.
The Chatham Film Club promotes and develops the appreciation of film by presenting films that enrich the social, cultural and educational experience integral to our community, to family life, and to lifelong personal development. The Chatham Film Club is also in the process of renovating and revitalizing the Crandell Theatre and its role as the cornerstone of Main Street, Chatham, New York, one of the few surviving single screen theaters which has served as the social gathering place of the community for generations.
What is the Chatham Film Club
- Owner and operator of the historic, single screen Crandell Theatre
- Volunteer organization founded in 1998
- 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization
- Host of special Sunday matinee screenings of current foreign and domestic independent films
- Sponsor of other film-related educational programs, including Columbia County’s library screening programs
- Member of the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce and the Chatham Area Business Alliance
- Producer of FilmColumbia festival, a five-day film festival held every October
How We Got Started
Sometime during the winter of 1998, Carole Roseman invited a group of neighbors to her house to discuss how to create a film club that would bring art, independent and foreign films in closer reach to residents of Columbia County. Those seven or eight people left that meeting and told their friends, who told their friends. They approached Tony Quirino, owner of the wonderful single screen, vintage theater in Chatham, and asked him to rent them the theater. The Chatham Film Club was born. The club has shown special screenings ever since, and has attracted almost 400 members. As of September 2000, the club became a not-for-profit, arts organization. Spring 2000, the board of the film club decided to create a new film festival for Columbia County. In 2010, through the help of generous donations, The Chatham Film Club purchased the Crandell Theatre.
Become a Member
Click here to join! As a member, you will receive special ticket prices to all of our film screenings and events and early invitations and discounts to FilmColumbia. You will also be helping to support the ongoing renovations of The Crandell Theatre.